Monday, May 3, 2010

Porter Visits Seattle!

Porter had his first overnight trip this weekend. We went to Seattle for a friend's baby shower and a birthday party. Unfortunately Trevor had to work so it was just the two of us. I was a little intimidated to travel alone with him since there is so much baby gear involved with travelling now! We filled our car and headed out early Saturday morning. The baby shower was a lot of fun with my college girlfriends. Porter had a breakdown in the beginning but he recovered well and we enjoyed the afternoon. We stayed at my biological father's house so they were able to meet Porter for the first time. Porter loved looking at all of the beautiful flowers and plants at their house. On Saturday night, they babysat while I went out for a birthday dinner. It was so nice to get a night out! I stayed out until 11pm which is amazing since I usually go to bed at 9 or 10pm. Of course, I was the first one to leave but what can you expect since I'm getting up once or twice night. Porter did a great job that night and slept for 7 hours straight! He did wake up at 5:30am and was talking loudly, so everyone heard him bright and early.

On Sunday we had a great breakfast thanks to my biological father. His wife, Jintana, and I went to Ranch 99 which is a huge Asian grocery store with great prices. On our way home we stopped by my friends' house for more Porter-viewing. It is so fun to introduce Porter to all of my friends. I enjoy watching them with him. He was in a great mood and full of smiles! He slept all the way home fortunately.

No comments: