Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cooper: Two months old!

I can't believe Cooper is two months old already. Well, he will be in four days! I know I sound like a broken record but these past two months have flown by. He has hit several big milestones this month including smiling and cooing! He LOVES to smile. I think he's going to be quite a charmer! He is also more content in his swing, under his play mat, and watching his mobile. He was not interested at all his first month! He still prefers to be held so we can talk to him but who can blame him!

We had some visitors this month including my two close girlfriends from college and her 3 month old son. It was fun to introduce them them to our new addition. I have been so housebound these past two months it was fun to catch up with them. My friend's son, Ben, was a marathon sleeper. Not only did he sleep the 2.5 hour car drive, he fell asleep within an hour of arrival for the night! He slept in until 6:45 and took another large nap in the morning. I think he was only awake 3 hours total while he was at our house. In comparison, Cooper is a terrible sleeper! He used to wake every 3 hours at night and often was wide awake at 4AM! He now is waking every 1-2 hours all night long. Needless this needs to change since I have to return to work next week. Cooper was moved into our closet yesterday and I moved him to the pack-and-play from the bassinet. After a restless 3 hours to get to sleep, he had the best night yet (and so did I)!!! I am hopeful that we are on the right track! His endless grunting throughout the night keeps me up so the closet helps muffle the extraneous noises.

Porter has minimal interest in his little brother. He threw a book at Cooper yesterday and tried to hit him in the head. Most of the time he is very nice but we have to watch him like a hawk! I did get some pictures of the two of them on my phone yesterday while Cooper was tipping over onto Porter. I'll try to post them as well.

No comments: