Friday was my 32nd birthday! My birthday treat was chocolate cookies baked by Trevor. This was his first time baking cookies, and he did a wonderful job! I got to choose between cake and cookies and I chose cookies which are my favorite! My actual birthday was pretty uneventful. I worked a half day, went for a run with Porter, ate take-out Indian food from our new restaurant, and enjoyed a nice glass of wine. Trevor unfortunately had to work so it was just Porter and I. My birthday present from my family will be an exercise bike. I would like to some duathlons this summer and I don't have time to train outdoors. It's easy to go for a run but a bike ride takes several hours and I don't want to leave Porter so long on my days off. I'm hoping to spend alot of time on my exercise bike in front of the TV (instead of sitting on the couch!).
My other exciting accomplishment this weekend was completing my first half marathon post-baby! I ran it with Anne-Marie and Amy and we did great. I felt good throughout the race but I am already starting to feel sore! Our time was about 2:07 which isn't too bad with minimal training! I'm hoping to do a couple more half marathons this spring and summer. Well, that is about it for now.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment