Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to a Working Woman!

This week I returned to work, I can't believe it's almost three months! I was able to ease back into things with half days which was very helpful. It is so hard to be away from Porter when I've been with him every day since he was born. I did feel good to be back at work though. Everyone at work made me feel very welcome and appreciated. I was also able to start with fairly light schedules. Today is Thursday which will be my day off which is great. Porter did great at daycare. He did much better than me dropping him off! I know is his taken very good care of at daycare. He looks so much smaller than all of the babies. It's amazing to compare him to a six month old or ten month old, they are huge! I can't believe how big he will be getting this year. His daycare keeps track of everything, including time of each naps, diaper changes, and feeding schedule. He is eating well there but he is only taking catnaps. He naps only 20-30 minutes at a time when he usually naps 1-1.5 hours at home. I know this is normal since it's noisy and light there. I think it will just take a little time.

In other news, the sunroom project is coming along. Trevor and Eddy poured the concrete last week and unfortunately it rained all day on it. It was not supposed to rain that day. The rain causes the concrete to be pitted and lighter. We put up a tarp to protect it and shovelled water off of the tarp all day and night for several days. The concrete slap turned out well and they were able to cut the pattern and acid stain it. We are currently waiting for a dry day to seal it. The pattern looks amazing and we are very excited about the room. I'll post some pictures soon. This is Trevor's month off so he is only working seven shifts. He has already worked three of them so he has alot of time off, which I think he plans to work on the sunroom but at least he's not in the ED!

No comments: