Our little guy is four months old! If I could freeze him at this stage I would (except for the sleep issues!). I absolutely love this age and I love seeing babies in clinic this age as well. Cooper is such a smiley, happy guy. He loves to talk. They call him the "storyteller" at daycare because he has alot of good things to share:) They tell me if he starts crying that they just have to put their face in front of him and smile and he is happy again. He doesn't play with baby toys yet but if he could have a smiling face two feet in front of him all day, life would be perfect. Life is pretty great for him regardless. He enjoys lying on top of Billy's kennel and kicking around. He also likes to lay under his playmat and look at his toys. He is starting to grab and hold onto them. At daycare he has a playmat with three bears on it. Apparently if he is fussy they put him under this toy and he is happy again. They call it the "best friend bears".
His hair continues to be fabulous. It usually sticks up. He has started to lose his hair in the back and on the sides somewhat similar to "male-pattern baldness". It's hilarious. Everyone comments on his crazy hairdo.
He loves to watch his big brother. Porter likes to play music for him and read to him, it's absolutely adorable. I think he is going to spend endless hours watching his crazy big brother!
And now for the bad . . . he is a terrible sleeper! He has regressed with sleeping and gets up every 1.5 - 2 hours ALL NIGHT LONG!!! He wants to nurse throughout the night. We switched him from his bassinet to the regular playyard and it is not going well. The bassinet was more like a cradle but he outgrew it. We still swaddle him but as soon as he can roll over I'll let him roll over and sleep on his tummy. I think he'll do alot better. Last night we made him "cry it out" after waking up three times by 2AM. He woke up fussy, crying and with a fever so I feel really bad that he was probably up because he was sick.
We had our four month well-child exam today. We found out he had an ear infection and have started him on amoxicillin. He got out of his shots today because of the fever. We'll go back next week for the shots. He is growing, eating and doing everything he should be doing (except sleeping but that is my opinion!). His length is 25 inches (70%). He weighs 13.8 lbs(30%) and his head circumference is 17.5 inches (95%!). It looks like he may take after Porter and Daddy being tall and lean.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment