Our little baby is 3 months old. He is no longer a "newborn" and looks like a baby. I saw a 2-week old yesterday and Cooper looks like a baby Sumo wrestler in comparison. He has become the happiest little guy. He loves to smile and talk. He coos to everyone who looks at him. Each day when I pick him up from daycare they tell me how happy and smiley he is all day. He is definitely a "talker" like his big brother. He is already quite the charmer, which he also gets from Porter. It's going to be so interesting to see how his personality develops.
He continues to be a great nurser and he is taking the bottle well at daycare. I can tell he's growing like crazy because he is fitting into 6 month clothes. I am about to make the switch to the 3-6 months clothes!
He is a pretty average sleeper. He sleeps between 3-5 hour stretches but usually 3-4 hours at a time. He has surprised us with two 6-hour stretches which is great except I wake up and wonder when he's going to start crying. He goes down for naps and bedtime pretty good. I remember holding Porter for up to two hours while he cried before we had to implement "cry it out." Though we have had a few difficult evenings most of the time he is so tired that he falls asleep immediately without a sound.
He enjoys lying on Billy's kennel and looking out the window. Porter loved to do this as well, I think it's the large window. He also likes to play under his playmat. He has a small monkey toy that he can stare at forever - it's just a silly stuffed monkey! He is not a big unless it's for naps but he does like sitting in the bouncer and watching mommy cook and take care of crazy big brother!
He is fascinated with Porter and often smiles at him even if Porter isn't looking. I think he's going to enjoy watching him as he gets older. He seems intimidated by Billy. His eyes get huge as Billy walks by but I imagine he looks like a giant!
All in all, we could not be happier. My only request is that time slows down . . . and that he sleeps more! It's such a cute stage and I don't want it to end!
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment