We had a wonderful first Christmas with Porter. Trevor worked Christmas eve so POrter and I went to church. Porter was very well behaved for 1.5 hours of mass! We were able to sleep in on Christmas morning (Porter slept in until 7am!). We had a relaxing morning opening our stockings. Trevor and I decided we were just going to exchange stocking stuffers this year. It's been a VERY expensive year with Porter and the sun room. I think the sun room wins this year but overall I know Porter will take the cake! Trevor got two stocking caps, running shorts, a packet of free car wash coupons (big hint!), and a ski shirt. I got running gloves and a hat which I had on my list. My mom put in a starbucks gift card which will get used in a hurry. And my big present was a Chia Herb Garden, yes that is like a chia pet but it is an herb garden in 3 little pots. We have planted the seeds and the germinating has begun ... I do not have good luck with herbs so we'll see what happens! Billy got a tug-of-war toy and we actually didn't get Porter anything. He has enough toys from my parents and from Trevor's family. They have sent 5-6 large boxes every couple months full of toys and clothes which is amazing!
Trevor and Porter had a mega two hour morning nap while I worked out. Believe it or not, Trevor can out-nap Porter! We went to the McCoys for Christmas dinner and exchanged gifts with the kids. Porter has fun watching all of the "big kids" especially Sarah. After stuffing ourselves we returned home. We were too tired to open the rest our presents under the tree so we saved that until the 26th. I don't think we'll be able to postpone present-opening once Porter gets older.
We are now back to work but looking forward to a New Year's weekend at Mt. Hood. I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas. We missed our families but look forward to seeing them for the big first birthday next month!!!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment