Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Family Weekend at Cannon Beach

We took our first family trip to Cannon Beach this weekend. It was a wonderful and well-needed weekend away from the house (and its never ending sun room project!). I have spent several weekends away with Porter but we had not gone away as a family yet. We even took Billy who was thrilled to get to come! We just went Saturday morning until Sunday evening but it was fun, next time I think we'll spend two nights. We went surfing at Short Sands in the morning (and by we I mean Trevor went surfing while I hung out with Porter and Billy). I had the opportunity but it was a little chilly! We went to our favorite restaurant in Cannon Beach which allows dogs to sit with you on the patio! Billy loves it obviously. We cruised around downtown before heading to our hotel. We had an amazing view of the ocean (I'll post some pics). We took Porter swimming in the pool and hot tub, he is quite a little swimmer already. He is putting his head under water without crying as well. We took everyone out for pizza. We were able to buy pizza by the slice and sit outside. The next morning we went to a great restaurant for breakfast. Fortunately it was a big restaurant because Porter is becoming quite the little talker! Trevor went surfing that morning while I took Billy and Porter for a run on the beach. We returned to our favorite little restaurant for lunch before stopping by the outlet stores in Seaside. Trevor put up with a quick shopping trip and hung out with Porter. We returned feeling like we should have stayed longer. There is always next time . . .

No comments: