Well, our little one is exactly 6 months old! I can't believe the time. He is getting to be more fun by the day! This has been a big month for milestones. Here are a few of them:
He has started solids. He really likes rice cereal and he has now had zucchini. I busted out my Beaba babycook and really like it. I think I'll make most of his baby food for him.
He loves to laugh. It is so easy to make him laugh.
He is holding his toys and binky. He can put his binky in his mouth, it may not be the right end of the binky but he tries. He also likes reading books, especially the pop-up books. He used to just cry when we would read to him.
He is getting close to sitting on his own. He can last a few seconds before doing a face dive. I think it will come soon.
He is trying to pet Billy. He wants to hold his face or grab at Billy's hair. Billy is still unsure of Porter but I think they will be good friends.
He has slept through the night!!! Yeah for us! He doesn't do this regularly but he often will sleep through the night with only putting the binky back in once. He has slept all the way thr0ugh the night with no interuptions but this is still rare. He is sleeping on his tummy now. He rolls over immediately and wants to sleep on his tummy or his side. The problem is that he can't get his arm out from underneath him so getting to sleep has been more difficult for us.
He has moved on from the baby bjorn. He is just too big and heavy for the bjorn so we have moved on to the ergo carrier which is better for my back. He seems to enjoy it as well.
He is down to two naps per day. He usually takes a short nap in the morning (about an hour) and a longer nap in the early afternoon (about 2 hours). Gosh, I remember when he used to take 4 - 1.5 hour naps each day. Those days are long gone!
We are looking forward to another fun-filled month ahead. Each day gets better as he is more interactive. We are very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment