I can't believe Porter is two months old already. He is doing great. He's getting chubby legs, a Buddha belly and a double chin! We go in for his two month well-child exam on Thursday so we'll see how much he weighs. He is almost out of his 0-3 month clothes, especially with his bulky cloth diaper! It has been a big month for Porter. He started making alot of eye contact, he is tracking well, and smiling. He is cooeing and he plays with his mobile or under his playyard toys up to 15 minutes by himself (which means a shower or cup of coffee for mommy!). Trevor had the past week off which was great for the family, it's so nice to have him home. One morning Porter was fussy so Trevor took him in the pool room. He returned with Porter in the walker (see the picture above!) and he had attached Billy's leash. Porter was having fun, or at least he was no longer crying. He pulled him around the house for awhile. Billy was terribly jealous.
Porter is still sleeping in 4 hour increments at night, we're hoping for longer stretches soon but we know it could be alot worse. I do hope he sleeps longer before I return to work in April. We have been able to put him in his crib awake and he can get himself to sleep (most of the time). He fusses and cries for a little while and then he is out! He has cried for up to an hour which is hard for mommy to hear. We decided to try this since it was taking us so long to get him to sleep each night. We would rock him, lie with him or pat his back for over an hour most nights and sometimes for naps as well. This was getting to be way too much time for us so we tried a new approach which is going pretty well.
Yesterday I snuck down to Portland for the morning to run the Shamrock run, a 15 K. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to get away and let Daddy and Porter have their time together. It was a hilly run and I am pretty sore today. I'm hoping to do more races soon. Well, that's about it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment