Friday, September 23, 2011

20 Months Old!

Wow, I haven't been so great about blogging recently. I may have missed Porter's last milestone update, whoops! He is twenty months old and thinks he is a big boy!!! He is changing so much each month I cannot believe it. He is all boy and I really don't see my baby anymore. He loves to dazzle people with his smile. He loves to laugh and be chased! He is starting to give hugs and kisses which is absolutely adorable. Today, when we picked him up from daycare they told us that he was reading books to all of the babies and showing them the pictures. That's pretty cute! He is getting all ready to be a big brother - even though he still has no idea what is about to happen.

Porter's major milestones this month are:
- Vocabulary - He is talking so much now! Most of it we cannot understand but he now knows body parts (ears, eyes, nose, mouth, tummy, hands, feet). He also knows animals and animal noises (ducks and quacking are his favorite!!!). He loves to feed our ducks with bread as well.

- Climbing - He is running and climbing. He is pretty fast too. He tries to climb into his highchair.

- Singing - We find him singing to himself all of the time. His favorite song is "Twinkle Twinkle" He can't sing all the words but he knows the harmony.

-Puzzles - He seems to be a fool for puzzles! He loves sitting at his little table and playing with puzzles either by himself or with one of us.

- Hugs and kisses:)

- Time outs - Unfortunately we have had to initiate time outs. He is starting to push his limits. He does a good job sitting down and waiting for the time out to be over. He then gives us a hug after each time out.

He is at such a fun age. I just told Trevor yesterday that I want to freeze him at this age. His laughter, joy and innocence is too cute.

No comments: