Monday, October 11, 2010
Portland Marathon 10-10-10
I ran my 6th marathon yesterday. It was a cold and rainy morning unfortunately which made for a fairly unpleasant marathon. We were pretty drenched before the race began. The wind picked up in the beginning but didn't last throughout the race (at least one thing went well). I dropped my ipod on the porta-potty floor (gross!) in addition to an already bad start to the marathon. My socks were completely soggy as well. The race itself went fine. I was pretty tired by mile 18 but we finished. If they would have let us have the option to run a half marathon I would have probably taken that! Fortunately that was not allowed in the race so we were forced to keep going. It was my longest marathon 4:31 and probably the most miserable with the rain. I at least had good company to keep me going throughout the race and the crowd was wonderful!!! I was able to take a long nap with Porter in the afternoon and Trevor and I celebrated at a local Mexican restaurant. For some reason I started craving Mexican half-way through the run. Today I am actually feeling well. I am still taking some tylenol and ibuprofen but doing well otherwise. I'll probably take Porter for a walk while Trevor and Billy run this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment